Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cayden the Klepto

We haven't had him officially diagnosed, but Cayden has become somewhat of a kleptomaniac!  Seriously, I can't even begin to name all of the things he has "found" in his pocket.  Most recently (and to only name a few), it was a tiny hot dog from the church nursery, a snickers bar from the giant M&M at Walgreens, keys, and his favorite, Papa's iPhone.

When we were in San Diego, we were strolling down the car aisles looking for a car that we liked.  Cayden had fallen out of the stroller several times, and we finally let him run along side of us.  We didn't pay much attention because we were so focused looking in windows and picking the "perfect" car!  (HA- is there such a thing with rental cars?!?) There weren't any cars driving around, so we figured it was safe right?!?  Wrong!!
We finally picked a car and started loading our luggage into the trunk and getting the car seats strapped in.  Matt was strapping Cayden into his car seat in the car, and he kept telling Matt about the keys.  Cayden loves keys, and we have started ignoring him when he refers to them because he does it all the time!  It wasn't long before Matt checked his pockets and found not one, not two, but THREE sets of car keys.  Which cars did they belong to?  We had NO idea, but we spent the next few minutes going car by car.  Who was the genius who decided to put all of the car keys sicking out of the driver's side door? 
It was simple after that.  We just had to walk down the row and look for the cars that were missing the keys from the door.  Then, it was a process of elimination.  We finally got the keys back to their rightful owners and made it out of there.  UGH!  That Boy!

This week it was no different.  I was in DSW looking for shoes.  I couldn't fit my stroller down the aisle, so I parked it for SECONDS as I ran down the aisle looking for a particular shoe.  I couldn't find it, so I returned to the kids and started making my way out of the store.  Cayden kept saying, "my shoe" over and over.  Once again, I dismissed it because Cayden loves shoes.  I said, "I know... there are lots of shoes in here!"  And then I looked down!  He had grabbed a woman's shoe off of the display unit and put it on his foot!  I had to laugh, and then grab my camera.  It was truly amazing and hilarious.


After I collected myself and returned the shoe, we met Matt's parents at Chick-fil-A for a short visit.  They were passing through San Antonio with the Andersons. I don't know how I managed to not get a picture of Jan & Weldon, but they were definitely there!  It was fun seeing all of them during the middle of the week.  We gave Jean part of her Mother's Day present since we THOUGHT we wouldn't see her!  (More on that later!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment