Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Tribute to My Girls!

After graduation, Matt dropped Brinley and I off at Lindsey's bachelorette party!  Yes, you heard it!  Brinley, not even 5 months old, has attended her very first bachelorette party!! ...and MAN was it wild!
We surprised Lindsey with Brinley, the belly dancer, and we all put dollar bills in her diaper.  :)  NO, not really...

Actually, Brinley cried the whole time, and I was just thankful that we were in a super loud restaurant.  I think the no naps and graduation had finally gotten to her.  By the time we got into Sommer's car, she was completely asleep. 

Lindsey was ADORABLE.  She is going to make a beautiful bride. I missed the actual lingerie party, but I heard it was great.  Jay is going to be one lucky groom!  We gave Lindsey all kinds of good advice!!  I'm sure she took notes and will carefully execute all suggestions...and then tell us all about it later!!!

It was so much fun seeing my sweet college girls.  You know you have good friends when you can walk into a restaurant and pick up a conversation like you saw each other yesterday.  It's so smooth and so natural.  I LOVE my friends! 

Beautiful Bride!


Andrea, Sommer and I can never be accused (by our husbands) of not being thrifty! We all had to laugh when we realized we not only still HAD matching shoes that we all wore in college, but that we were actually wearing them!!! What are the chances?!? ...And to think we have all been accused of having too many shoes! You NEVER know when you will need to break out those old comfy shoes from college! It was too funny & too random NOT to take a picture, so of course we did! :)





This lady (a total stranger) thought Brinley was REALLY cute!
I'm not gonna lie... it was a little scary.

Roomies!!!

Brin & Linz

Andrea & Brinley

Sommer & Brinley

I love my girls!  We had a wonderful time together in college, and we are having even more fun getting to know each other in our adult lives with our growing families!
I missed the rest of our group of girls.  Hopefully we can all be together again soon like we did over Labor Day.  What Fun!  I'll never forget Lindsey being the only one last summer who wasn't married or engaged.  In fact, she didn't even have a boyfriend!  She was telling us how completely content she was just being single.  I love that about her!  God truly honored her contentment.  Lindsey is beautiful inside and out. 

Lindsey, we pray that you and Jay have a wonderful wedding and an even more fabulous life together!  We can't wait to see all of your precious children!  (Actually, we can wait...and you should too!  Enjoy life without kids!!) 
I don't pride myself on giving the best marriage advice, but I will tell you this...  It will be what you make it!  Learn to laugh!  (I know that won't be hard for you.  I can hear you laughing in my mind right now. I'm sure Jay loves that about you.  You laugh with such ease!)  There will be moments that you disagree.  It's okay to disagree.  It's how you go about working things out that matters. Enjoy each other and enjoy the simple things.  One of our most favorite things to do is have a picnic... nothing fancy...not really all that romantic, but just being together and not having to do anything or go anywhere!

Thanks for a great evening girls!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment