Sunday, May 2, 2010

Returning to Our Normal Life

I referred to our "normal" life in the last post and laughed after I typed it.  I'm not sure what normal is anymore.  I think normal is chaotic, dirty, messy, silly and unpredictable!

The last night that Emily was here, we received a note with a phone number on our door... "Are you willing to sell your house? Please call."  That was the beginning of the craziest week we have had in a long time.  We called and within 20 minutes, we had a couple walking around our house and asking us to sell it to them.  We tossed out a price that I had posted online at Zillow.com. They have a "make me move" price that you can set for your house.  I did that four months ago when we thought we were moving to Austin and forgot to take it off.  They found it and, although the price was ridiculously outrageous, they wanted to buy it. We spent the week looking at houses online and picking out an apartment to move in to temporarily. 

Crazy right?  At this point, we weren't sure what 'crazy' really was.  Is turning down a ridiculously good offer for your house crazy, or is leaving your nearly perfect neighborhood with amazing neighbors crazy?  We prayed and prayed, but never felt a peace about either scenario.  After talking to several people about the financial aspect, we decided to move forward and let the chips fall where they may. 
After another spontaneous showing at 10:00 one evening and several phone calls back and forth, they decided on another house.  Were we crazy for not dropping our price even a dime?  I don't think so.
We have amazing neighbors.  I call them barefoot neighbors.  We literally can walk to the houses on our street without our shoes on, (and Matt does!) sit and visit with our neighbors about anything.  Wonderful, Godly people.  That is priceless to me. 

I have a built in support system on the other side of my shutters.  No amount of money can replace them.

So- Are we crazy?  Probably, but let's face it. We've got a GOOD thing going on here.  God has blessed us in so many ways, and we never want to take that for granted!

Here are some snapshots from the week.  I felt really guilty for spending so much time on the computer. 

Cayden likes to join Brin on the play gym.

...LOVES wearing our shoes!

Wow!  Mischevious, if I could say so.

Hugging or choking? Jury is still out!

Flashback to the 80's

...waving to the birds...  literally!
Can we say social?!?

...and yes, those are my shoes.



We may have outgrown the sink... just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment