Sunday, May 2, 2010

Outnumbered

My niece, Emily, came home with me from Houston!  I know, I am crazy, but I thought it would be fun to spend some time with her and give Cayden an extra playmate at the same time!  I was most scared about the ride home, but that turned out to be the easiest thing all weekend! 

The kids were so cute in the car!  Cayden wanted to hold Emily's hand every time they got in the car.  Emily obliged him most of the time.  Sometimes Emily initiated.  It was super cute.  Cayden would watch Emily. When she fell asleep, he fell asleep watching her.  It was a beautiful thing...  and I drove as quickly and safely as I could!  I managed to snap this picture while still looking forward. (pretty good huh?!!?)  All three were asleep!!


We only had her three nights, but it was a lot of fun.  Matt and I were definitely outnumbered.  We never had a chance to eat as a family.  It seemed like we were always jumping up to get something for one of the kids or to help them.  We didn't have time to develop a rhythm, so we always ate after they finished.  Sometimes that meant eating at 9:00 after everyone was asleep in bed.  By then, I could have skipped it.  I was exhausted!

Cayden wore one of his shoes and Emily wore the other... why??!?
...because they're almost two!
Who Knows!

...everywhere we went!!!

Matt dressed Emily every day in order to help me out, but refused to change diapers!
I guess that was a good trade off!

We couldn't figure out how Cayden got so wet, so we followed him.
Apparently he knows how to open the front door now... and he helped himself to the water in the fridge.
He brought Emily water from his efforts!
He was SOAKED!  How did his back get wet??  We still can't figure that one out!

uh oh... did we just get caught?!?!



Everyone loves bath time!

Emily wasn't crazy about the tent idea, but she liked playing with Cayden's only baby doll...Elmo!

Time for church!

No comments:

Post a Comment