Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July

The end of June and July have been busy months for us.  We have really enjoyed the kids at the swimming pool and the lake.  My dad was able to come for a weekend at the end of June, and then we spent July 4th weekend at the lake with my whole family.  We had LOTS of cousin fun.  We're actually headed back there for round 2 of cousin fun at the lake... only with more cousins this time!  Pictures will soon follow.~
Cayden 2 years

Brinley 6 Months

I never want to forget those ankles!!

Watermelon princess

Papa's visit

Matt and Cayden play chasing games in the pool every day!
Papa and Cayden have matching swimsuits! Cayden helped pick it out!

Grilling ribs after the pool

Brinley's first taste of grapes...
loved them!

Silly boy
Silly Daddy!

Brinley isn't too sure about this photo shoot.

Tooth #3 came in.
It is the one to the left of where her front tooth will be. (on top)

wanting to crawl

workin' at it
Learning to crawl is hard work!
Okay... now I'm frustrated!


Splash Pad

The story:
Several of my girlfriends and I took our kids to the splash pad.  Matt was the only dad who was going to be able to join us after work. I was ecstatic, but I had no idea how to tell him to find us (problem #1).  That became a major problem when he called on the road for directions.  We were on base, and it is super confusing.  Some of the entry points are only for military personnel and others are for civilians.  I gave him instructions to a gate and kept my fingers crossed that it was one that he could get into.  As we hung up, I mentioned that he needed to have his driver's license ready to show them.  (problem #2) He then informed me that I actually had his driver's license in MY CAR.  Oh Great!! There was an incredible sweet military mom at the splash pad who OFFERED to drive me to the gate and take Matt his driver's license.  I graciously accepted and off we went.  It was about a 15 minute drive to the gate. When we got there, I hopped in Matt's truck and she said she would wait for us.  She had to go through a different gate since she was military.  However, (problem #3) we were not allowed to enter because Matt's inspection sticker had expired!!  UGH!!  Now, I have kids at the splash pad and there is a saint waiting to take me back to them, but I can't get to her because Matt isn't allowed on base!!! 
After begging the guard, he allowed us to enter to inform the sweet lady that we were not allowed in.  We managed to park Matt's car and ride with her to get our kids!  Believe it or not, we actually had a great time after all that was said and done.  The only last problem we encountered was getting back to Matt's car.  We left it in an area (OF COURSE) that military personnel was allowed access to.  Again, we told our story and begged the guard.  He reluctantly let us in, and we managed to get Matt's car and drive home before the HUGE storm hit.  UGH!  What an event!  :)
boys, boys and more boys
ALL of the boys had a blast...
I think the girls (Anna, Saray & Brinley) enjoyed staying dry better!

Cochran boys playing with Cayden
super silly.  super goofy!

Cayden is trying to feed Brinley.  She isn't patient when it comes to her food!!

4th of July!!!
Cody & Brinley


This was a scary moment. 
I was so scared that Brinley was going to end up on the pavement!
She was fussy- as you can see.  It all ended up just fine!!
Jeremy & Amanda's family with ours


The whole Hill-Culli gang!
Nana & Papa with their 5 grand kids!


I love these boys!!

Cayden with his Papa

Nana with her Brin

This is Sheriff Cayden!
Watch out!
Cayden monitoring the parade!
I promise-- there is just water in there!

Nana and a much happier Brinley after her nap!

Those fire engines were loud!

Tea time after the parade!

...of course Cayden had to bust up the party!


dancing while jumping??!!?  It was pretty cute.
It was HARD to share. 
Cayden didn't do very well with that!
He liked tandem jumping much better!

Daddy & Cayden
It's ski time!
I didn't get any pictures on my camera of Matt & Cayden tubing. 
It was Cayden's first tubing adventure. 
It started nice and slow.
Before I knew it, Matt was fighting
to keep the tube from flipping over!!
Cayden had a BLAST.
Swimming at the dock

Brinley sat this one out
Emily felt more comfortable on the jet ski!

Cayden stopping by to say hello
to his sister and his daddy.


Yummo Watermelon !!!
Can't beat it.
Jeremy & Amanda made some
homemade strawberry ice cream later that evening,
and we watched fireworks on the dock. 
That was A LOT of fun. 
Cayden didn't see much though.  He was too busy dancing around!!
All of the kids loved it!


Home sweet home! 
Cayden lined up all of his toys
in the street for some puddle splashing fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment