Friday, February 19, 2010

A Newborn Night

No, it wasn't Brinley. She (and Matt) were sleeping soundly while I was wrestling with Mr. Cayden until 3 am. He cried from 11:30-12:30. I was too exhausted to let it register. Finally, I woke myself up ran upstairs to check on him. Earlier, we spent the evening at our neighbor's house and all laughed because Cayden kept telling us he had "poo poo." Lovely, I know. We didn't see or smell it, so we thought we were safe. Wrong! When we finally got home, (and it was late) he was chapped. Poor baby. He almost had blisters on his tiny hiny. Okay, not so tiny, but it was still very sad. I was worried that he had done that again or that he was miserable, so I made the mistake of going in!!! Actually, I don't think it was a mistake. An hour of crying is excessive... even to me! So- Mr. Cayden and I crawled into the bed in his room and he played while I tried to sleep a little. Every now and then he would sit on my head... or there was the puzzle that broke over my head, and occasionally he would call out for Dada and Matt. (again- lovely!) We had about an hour of reciting his entire vocabulary... and I mean the whole thing... even "chips" and "yogurt." There was role call of all of our friends and relatives and he added "cat" in there just for me! After I had enough of Cayden's booty in my face and I felt that I had redeemed myself from being a bad mother and ignoring the cry of my child, I picked him up and put him in the crib. "NO!!!" he cried. "Bed, bed, bed" I think he had fun... too much fun!
One day I hope to be able to sleep with him. I love his snuggles.. though few and far between!
Both kids are still asleep this morning. Praise the Lord! I am able to write this blog and drink my coffee... alone. HEAVEN!

2 comments:

  1. Love your new pic at the top of the blog! Such a beautiful fam!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I still don't get these comments emailed. I just happened to see it. hhmmm... still figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete