Sunday, February 21, 2010

Unexpected Visitors

Before I even get started... No, my parents are NOT those type of people who just drop in, unannounced, and plan to stay for days on end. Thank goodness! Both of our parents have always been very respectful of our boundaries. I won't lie though. I do enjoy surprises, and I love to surprise people! (Hopefully I won't be one of those mothers who drops in on her kids and is not welcomed!!) Matt has been holding me back for years in this area. He loves to 'look forward' to people coming. blah blah blah! Rarely do I get my thrill fulfilled because we always have to 'announce' our plans. Today my mom called and said they MIGHT be dropping by after church. Just the thought of them possibly coming and possibly not was enough to get me super excited and really want it to work out!

We had a picnic lunch with the Bucks after church at the park and then we headed off to nap time. Shortly thereafter, Nana & Papa were there! There's just something wonderful about seeing your parents. I don't know what it is, but I hope Cayden and Brinley feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment