Monday, February 1, 2010

Where shall I begin?

Blogging is so overwhelming. I have ideas all day long. Often, I grab the phone and call the person (or persons) I feel would most appreciate the story or the laugh. That has become increasingly more difficult since an extra little person is demanding more of me! Where do I start? I want to write about all of the funny and exciting things that have happened since we were married, but I would never do it because that would take too long. Let's face it... There are probably very few individuals who are going to read this blog. Having said that, I think I will just pick up with the present and do a few flashbacks every now and then. I apologize now for grammatical errors or errors of punctuation. This is straight from the horse's mouth and it is what it is. Enjoy!
~
We are instructed to count our blessings "one by one." Some of those blessings are ones that we expected and others were surprises to us! The two best surprises lately are Cayden and Brinley. Matt and I talked about kids before marriage. We agreed that one day we would like to have them. When I was pregnant with Cayden, we were told I was having a girl! I bonded with the beautiful baby inside of me for months on end. I was seven months pregnant when we found out it wasn't a girl at all! As crazy as it sounds, I went through a period of mourning. I felt a loss for the little girl that I had been talking to and dreaming about for the last several months. It didn't take long to connect to Cayden. After all, it was him who I had been talking to and feeling. I hadn't actually lost a child. Joy soon overwhelmed me and we began redecorating the nursery and preparing to live a very different life! I went from dreaming about tea parties and dress-up to camping trips, smelly socks & bugs! Reality hasn't ended up being ALL that different. Cayden LOVES to be outside ALL the time, his feet stink and he thoroughly enjoys sticking things in his pockets (grass, dirt, bugs).
Brinley, on the other hand, started off as a surprise from the beginning!

(More to come on that later!)












No comments:

Post a Comment