Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hot and Steamy!!

Okay- I know I've let some of you down the last few days. I haven't had ANY "Me" time to blog. I even had to go to the grocery store after my entire family was asleep last night.

We have spent most of our weekend taking Hot & Steamy showers (not the romantic kind... Come On!!!... but the kind where you have a crying, snotty-nosed kid). Cayden totally has the croup. I've been about to kill myself trying to keep each and every cough sanitized as it exits his body so that Brinley doesn't get sick. Try teaching a toddler to cough into their elbow. What is so difficult about that? Matt keeps telling me Cayden just doesn't understand.
Thankfully he doesn't have a fever, but he wants me to hold him at all times. That's a little hard to do when I have someone else who has to be held frequently.

It's sad, but he wants to give Brinley kisses and I keep stopping him.... Oh no!! Am I ruining a good thing that we've got going on here?? He doesn't understand why I don't want him to kiss her. I've had to let him sneak a few. I just cringe when he lays his little germ-infested lips on her head. Oh well. I guess this is how it is... one kid gets it and shares with everyone else.

I handed Matt a Lysol wipe to clean Cayden off in his high chair, and he looked at me like I was completely insane. I guess it would be a little harsh on his skin.

All kidding aside, I really hate seeing him like this. He won't eat and his bright eyes are so droopy and sad. WebMD says it lasts about a week. I may not last a week. Pray Brinley doesn't catch it!

And yes- that is a cookie... it was the only thing we could get him to eat. Sad, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment