Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Salsa- Family Style

I have always admired my friends who include their kids in their cooking.  I just never saw myself as the type of person who could juggle the recipe, ingredients and kids all while worrying about clean fingers and keeping everything 100% germ-free.  (Yes, I just used kids and germ-free in the same sentence.  I understand that is an unreasonable expectation.)  Nevertheless, I decided I couldn't give up on it until I tried it. I'm just not that talented.  Maybe practice makes perfect.  Oh- and yes, I was also cooking meat and tortillas on the stove.  Maybe I should have started with just ONE thing!  How did it turn out you ask?  Well, Brinley had an explosion (of sorts) in the Bumbo and Cayden turned on the blender, before I could get the lid on, sending tomatoes flying.  Other than that the food was edible, and we had one happy daddy.  Matt  loves tacos and salsa!  Cayden is right there with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment